ANNOUNCEMENT OF FACULTY POSITION
Prof. Atsushi Kubokawa, Dean
The Faculty of Environmental Earth Science, Hokkaido University invites qualified applicants to apply for the following vacancy.
- Job title
Professor or Associate Professor, full time
Group of Ecological Genetics, Section of Environmental Biology, Faculty of Environmental Earth Science
Course in Ecological Genetics, Division of Biosphere Science, Graduate School of Environmental Science
- Research field (Ecological genetics).
The successful applicant is expected to conduct research in areas related to insect ecology and genetics, on the basis of field and laboratory works.
The applicant must have a doctoral degree and excellent achievements in the relevant research fields.
- Applicants are requested to submit the following documents:
(1) Curriculum Vitae and Researcher ID if available
(2) Lists of scientific publications (peer reviewed original papers and others should be separated) and research grants obtained
(3) Copies of representative papers (up to 5)
(4) Summary of past research and educational activities (approx. 1,000 and 600 words, respectively)
(5) Future plan for research and education (approx. 1,000 and 600 words, respectively)
(6) Names with contact information of two references
(7) CD, DVD, or USB memory containing above information (1-6) in PDF files
- Deadline for receipt
March 24, 2017
Dossier and materials for application should be sent to the following address by registered mail. In case of applying by E-mail, please contact Hitoshi Suzuki in advance.
- Expected date of appointment
The earliest day of convenience after or on the day of September 1, 2017
- Address for application and inquiry
Prof. Hitoshi Suzuki
Section of Environmental Biology
Faculty of Environmental Earth Science, Hokkaido University
N10-W5, Kita-ku, Sapporo 060-0810, Japan
Tel. +81-11-706-2279 Fax. +81-11-706-2279
- Information about our organization can be found at:
He/she may be asked to teach undergraduate students in Japanese. Hokkaido University actively promotes both education and research while fostering diverse human resources and gender-equality. Therefore, we cordially invite women applicants in this research field. We are unable to respond to inquiries about the selection process. Finalists will be notified of the interview schedule in May 2017.
Dossier will not be returned but carefully discarded after the review process is completed.